August 21, 2017

Preschool Graduation & Waiting For Baby

Summer vacation was approaching along with the hot miserable weather. I was super tired and feeling pretty worthless most of the time. My body was swollen like when I had Oliver. My feet were a constant headache. Before the roaches, we hung out at home, but as their presence became more frequent we left as much as possible until we left all together. This was pre-hole-in-the-middle-of-the-house...
 Oliver's date with the dental hygienist.
 Our sweet neighbors gave Oliver and Jordan Diamondbacks tickets. Oliver insisted on having a "Baxter"hat. He thinks Baxter the wildcat is their mascot...not a Diamondback. They had a great time.
 They actually got to go again a month later for a fun work outing Jordan's employer provided.
 The following picture was for my dad. For whatever reason I grew up with him imitating an Indian (that's what I grew up calling Native Americans before they made it politically correct) saying, "Ruby Red Squirt sure is good." So when we passed by some Ruby Red Squirt I had to send him this picture.
 The swollen feet I spoke of. This was probably two months before they really got bad...
 Aunt "Wheece" sent Oliver some colored dry erase markers. She thought he needed more than just black.
 He showed off his impressive alphabet writing skills.

 ...so do I buddy, so do I.
Ollie has tons of these little minion figurines. He loves taking them completely apart and switching their hands, legs, shorts, eyes, and head gear around, just like his Lego guys. He spends all morning, most mornings doing this.
 Beth dropped Jane off while she ran to the dentist one morning. She was running late per usual and once she finally got here, she pulled up totally frantic. She said, "Are there guts all over my car?! I just hit a bird, but I didn't see it in the road or see where it went after. Is it stuck on the front of my car?" I initially told her it was gone, but I saw feathers and upon closer inspection realized there was an eyeball looking at me and the bird was very much alive, just stuck behind the grill of her car. She took my car to the dentist while I tried to figure out how to get the dang thing out of there without killing it. I threw seeds at it and talked nice to it to coax it out, but finally called my dad. He got down to get a good look at it, and it must not have liked the looks of him, because it flew right out of there before my dad even knew what happened. 
 It was a happy successful ending to the bird, so then I got some pics of these two besties going for a drive in our beautiful backyard. Ha!


 Oliver's preschool program was pretty awesome. Miss Peggy is the best and taught these guys a lot of cute songs.
"It's a grand 'ol flag!"

 "Color my world like a beautiful rainbow" - sung with the ukulele
 "Scripture Power keeps me safe from sin..."
 "Skidamarinkadinkadink Skidamarinkadoo, I love you!"
 "Pearly Shells" and "Hukilau"
 Check out that sweet guy...
 working the camera!

 My parents helped Jordan trim our trees and instead of the trees making the front yard look like a jungle the trimmed limbs made our yard look like a jungle for a few months until Jordan could fit all of the branches in the green barrel each week. Classy.
 Oliver made some artwork for Edison's room. This is a sneaky snacky squirrel and a bird. Pretty awesome.

 On Ollie's last day of school they had a Hawaiian party so when I picked him up from school I took him to Bahama Bucks for shaved ice.
 I love this kid...and look at those eyelashes.
 They had a water party too and this is Oliver with his friend Thomas from school.
 The weekend we stayed at Beth's...
 and the following week we stayed back at my parents. After a frustrating cockroach day, we all deserved some Thrifty ice cream.
 Oliver came up with this disguise all on his own.
 We picked Drake up one evening and took the boys to Krazy Air - Oliver's favorite place on earth. He likes it more than Disneyland he says.
 Watching Drake drink out of a drinking fountain made Jordan and I laugh...a lot. He sprays his upper cheek and drinks what run down into his mouth (which isn't much).
 The rest of the outfit Ollie came up with on his own.
 After a random day of probably not doing much of anything, this is what my feet looked like...so SO swollen.
  Oliver loved that we spent so much time hanging out at Beth's because he loves his cousins so much. And their toys. And them.
 We made slime one afternoon. Oliver giggled and said, "I can't believe I'm actually holding slime!" 
Ollie drew this guy in church, I think it's pretty darn awesome.
I hate being pregnant. So much.
Whilst playing with a straw, Oliver managed to poke his eyeball...ouch!
Aunt Beth became Oliver's main mom this summer. She picked him up everyday and entertained him like he was her own. I will be forever grateful. One of their trips to the Dino Museum...




Oliver is a pro swimmer thanks to lots of quality Father/Son time this summer. He is so good and LOVES swimming with his Dad.
I took these pics the night before having Edison. Little did I know it would be the last nights sleep before we became a family of four.


...and boy am I glad Oliver snuck in our bed that night so we could snuggle before our world got turned a little upside down - in a good way.
A couple weeks after Edison came look what was under all that water weight!!!
Reminder of the ogre feet...
This was Oliver's blog post of my before/after swollen feet.
Yay for a new baby and not being pregnant anymore! I would give labor all day long, but ask me to be pregnant again and I will give you a big fat NO WAY!

No comments: