August 27, 2014

Skipping Naps

Not long after the last rainstorm came another. Rare. So even though it had already been a long day for this mama {Cadbury unfortunately was locked in the play room due to getting irrigation that night and apparently had not yet recovered from eating an entire pork shoulder bone a few nights before. Long story short{er}, I got 3 1/2 hours of sleep that night & had Jordan waking me up at 7 am to let me know a diarrhea bomb went off in the playroom. I spent the next two hours cleaning up 8 different piles of poo. Joy.}
I couldn't say 'no' to letting Ollie play in the rain again just because it was his nap time. 
I actually don't think I've ever seen it rain quite this hard. It was pretty exciting.


After half an hour, it calmed down and Ollie loved splashing around in the gutter/stream that was up past Ollie's knees.


 "That was waaaay better than taking a nap, Mom!"

No comments: