April 18, 2018

Oliverisms

I always write down the funny things Oliver says in my phone. Thought I would share them so I have them documented elsewhere in case something awful happens to my phone some day.
I will start with the most recent...
A few days ago Oliver put Jordan's huge cowboy boots on, his leather Woody hat and some new hanky bibs grandma made for Edison (like these)
he came walking out and said, "There's a new Sheriff in town!" Jordan didn't get a pic, but a few days later I was helping my mom take some dinner I had made her out to the car. When I walked back in I said, "There's a new sheriff in town...Draw!"
Oliver said back, "I'll drrrawww you a picture...it will be full of scribbles and I will rrrriiiipppp it up!"
:)
Here are the others I've collected over the years, starting with the earliest:
"Are there waffles in the house? They sound so yummy in my tummy."
Oklahoma pronounced "Hokamopa."
Root Beer = "Root Beard"
"I'm a super ninja with super ninja skills. I have super gecko speed. I can hide in a bed. Umm...and I can drink water and GuRGLe (in a menacing voice) it!"
"I have to use my imagi-ation!"

"The invisible ghost is evil he can do anything. And his mom never trims his nails so he can do anything."
"Mom, I still smell that grown up smell. It smells like sauce with peanut butter on the sauce."
"Mom black bear has two letters in his name. Do you know what they are? The letters are SQ."
Bedtime with Oliver: Mom says, "Ollie are you gonna tell a long story or a short one?" Ollie, "mom, I tell slow stories. Don't you know?! Is there a brain in that head?"
Oliver age 4.5 - "Mom, I just super totally love you."
"Dad, if you and mom left me home all by myself, I would eat Popsicles and not brush my teeth and wear my skeleton jammies every night and wash them so I could wear them the next day."
After explaining to Oliver what a hearse was, "Mom, we're so lucky we're not dead."

Oliver wanted me to try some crazy different hairstyles on him before I did the usual (the Ollie Rogers). Afterward I start smoothing it back down to do the usual and he says, "the Ollie Rogers comin' up!"
Ollie wanted me to get his remote control truck down. I was still in bed and told him I would get it when I get up. I went to the bathroom as soon as I woke up and I hear "that doesn't look like getting something to me!"
"My favorite thing is blue blankie. Cadbury's favorite thing is his red ball. Mom, what's your favorite thing?...your bed?"
"Dad, I love you to China, but I love mom to the stars."
Oliver was telling me the game they play at school and he says "you throw in ghosties, bats, pumpkins, and witches and then you say bubble bubble TOILET and trouble. Presto!"
"I only tell spooky stories on Halloween. And I only tell lovin' stories on Valentine's Day and Christmas stories on Christmas."
"Alakazzam. Whoop dee doo. Turn this monkey into a kangaroo."
Oliver's prayer on Thanksgiving 2017 - "I love my family so much I just want to hug them all the time. I think I have the best family for me. Thank you for my new fidget spinner and thank you for Bobby who gave me a new one when mine broke. I just love my family so much."
"Dad, if you ever find a dino bone...COME. GET. ME!"
Ollie weren't you going to give me a hug and kiss on my birthday? Ollie says "How about five!?"...and on the fifth..."this is gonna be the squeeziest of all! Can you handle it?!"
"My most favorite thing I love is my family."
"I don't know how to cut out a circle." So I showed him how to trace a bowl and as he started cutting..."Ok, here goes nothing."
Being sick on Sunday and he said "I guess Dad can't go to the store cause it's Sunday" (to get Gatorade). I said he could when he is sick and Ollie says, "Oh, I guess Dad will be the only one at the store."
"When I am at school I kind of feel like one big grown-up is using us, the kids, to make her stuff."
"Oinkment."
"Mom, when Jesus made this world I think Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was the first TV show."
While watching the Easter Pageant, before the Crucifixion..."Is it almost over? To the part that Jesus dies in his underwear?"
"When I grow up I want to be a caveman...you know, someone that explores caves."

No comments: