September 9, 2013

Mr. Potato Head's Missing Ear

Ollie LOVES clutching things in his little hands. So when he discovered Mr. Potato Head's ears he and them have been inseparable. The last couple of days one of the ears had gone missing {again}, but this time I could not for the life of me locate it. I looked EVERYWHERE!!! I try not to get too crazy, but let's be honest, I get a little crazy when I know something is missing. I have inherited this trait from my mother. She used to promise us a dollar if we found her missing items. I was usually the child to cash in because I was the only one that cared enough about finding the darn thing(s). To this day, she still calls me to ask if I have any idea where {insert missing item} is??? {I live in TULSA Mom!!!} Anyway, after looking everywhere last night for Mr. Potato Head's ear, I gave up and said to myself, "It will turn up." So when I got a text from Jordan this morning I about died of laughter {and relief} after reading it:
"I kept feeling something in my shoe..."
I'll give you a dollar when you get home, Jordan.  :)
Last night, we braved the heat {it has been 100 degrees for the last week - - What the heck, September!} and went on a long, hot walk. Ollie was clutching a pair of my socks all day {instead of Mr. Potato Head's ears} and I let him bring them on our walk. All week, he has been complaining while on our walks but the socks were the cure and the little booger almost even fell asleep - he opened his eyes when I made Jordan stop the stroller for the pic.
I think I will donate that pair of socks to a worthy cause and give them to Oliver.
So my favorite trees in our neighborhood are these ones...
 {These two pics aren't very good because a certain white dog kept tugging on me.}
{These two pics were taken last Spring better showcase the trees.}

And I am trying to figure out what kind of tree they are - - Mom??? They are all the same type of tree {just different seasons pictured}. White, mosaic-like bark & insanely tall??? Your help is appreciated.
I guess all that tugging wore Cadbury out...
{The air vent is directly below him, blowing on his face.}

No comments: