August 24, 2010

Ninety-One Years Young

I must take after my Grandma Perkins & her love of chocolate because we both seem to be chocoholics. I am thrilled we share this quality because that meant I could make her a German Chocolate Cake for her birthday & she would be in german chocolate heaven & I would be in german chocolate heaven. (Does that make me selfish? Maybe a little.)Luckily you get wiser with age, but what they don't tell you is that having 91 year old lungs makes it harder to blow out the candles on your birthday cake.She was determined though & blew out every last candle. My mom, her daughter, said, "Mom, I don't think it's possible to live as many more years as it will take for your wish to come true, not with how many breaths you had to take." Sad, but true.
Grandma is such a sweetheart & has always taken such great care of those around her, so I feel priviledged to be able to spoil her [and myself] on her birthday with a German Chocolate Cake.
Happy Birthday Grandma! We love you very much!
Famously said quotes often said by Grandma

"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

"Consider the source, and ignore it."

"There is a silver lining to every cloud."

No comments: