July 16, 2014

I Wanna Be Like You

Oliver is our little mimic. Everything we do, he has to do too. If I brush my teeth and he sees, he has to brush his teeth. If he sees me putting on deodorant, he has to too. If you've had a small child, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Ollie LOVES sitting at the table, like he's a big boy.

In the following instance, he is eating a cookie and looking absolutely adorable.

Finger lickin' good!
He learned it from cousin Drake who once sat at the table...
{Apparently, Ollie is worshipping a bottle of sprinkles. Hmm, weird.}
He especially likes to do EXACTLY what grandpa does. So when Grandpa eats a yogurt, Ollie has to have a yogurt. Not in a bowl, but straight out of the cup, like Grandpa.

Might I point out, I have tried giving Ollie yogurt in the past and he would NOT touch it. Now he eats one almost every day.
And yesterday, Grandpa was eating some popcorn...
When do I teach him that just because everyone else is doing it, it doesn't mean you have to do it too? This kid is growing up too fast. Here are a couple 'selfies' he took. I erased about 40 pictures of the top of his hat/forehead.
Busted.
Tomorrow, this little copy-cat turns
2!

No comments: