August 29, 2018

One Year Old & Six Years Old

We started our July by celebrating a certain baby turning ONE!!!

 I can't believe he is one year old already and also the size of a 2 year old all at the same time.







 It looks like Oliver had that lingering pink eye...d'oh!


 He wouldn't eat his cake. I wasn't surprised because at this point he still hadn't started eating solid foods without gagging. He would've eaten the whole piece today though.
 "Clean it off, mom!"
 After dinner & cake we let Eddie play in the sprinklers on the tramp with the big kids.

We gave him a slip 'n slide...which was for his brother mostly, but Edison didn't care or did he...







The lawn is growing!
Fourth of July!!!
 We crashed Aaron & Aimee's for swimming & fireworks!

Look at the beautiful grass & that beautiful boy!



 Jordan mowing it for the first time.





 There was a huge monsoon storm that leveled parts of the valley & flooded our front & back yards.

 It was so fun to watch the storm from our window.
 My parents had a giant limb fall next to their house. It blocked their driveway and miraculously didn't harm the house other than sheering off a couple shingles. We went over to help clean up.
 While they were cutting up the branch I told the boys to finally cut down this dead tree.
 Oliver and his cousins made a little fort out of the branches, which ended up being built on an ant hill so it didn't get much use.
 Oliver obliged me a picture, but amscrayed out of there before he got bit by more ants.
 This is the truckload of plants and tree that Isaac dropped off for us.
 I've never seen such green grass in Arizona! Too bad it doesn't look like this still.



 Ozzi came for an extended stay when her family ditched her for their summer vacation.







 These dogs wrestle each other all day. This was a very short intermission between rough housing sessions.
My dad turned 77. Ewww. I hate that he is getting old, but what are you gonna do - might as well eat German Chocolate Cake.

 This boy often gets called Troubleson instead of Edison.






  He cleans up nice though.
 It doesn't last that long...


 He discovered how to throw a fit...
  Then one morning we all woke up and had a 6 year old in the house!!!
 He asked for a toy kitchen, I might have tried to talk him out of it if I hadn't known Edison would love it. Makes sense. We gave Edison a slip 'n slide for Oliver on his birthday so we gave Oliver a kitchen mostly for Eddie on his birthday. Brothers.
 Iron Man gear, not jammies. It's gear.


 So very pleased.

 For years, Oliver has asked to go to Sunsplash/Golftland every time we drive past. So Jordan took the day off, we borrowed Drake, squeezed into our swimsuits and spent the day in memory lane.

Thanks grandma & grandpa for babysitting Eddie and Beth for bring us pizza and drinks for lunch! He had a great day and we all had fun until the last ride. Which was way too high up for my liking and I rode backwards the entire terrifying time. Then I almost barfed and it was time to go home. Getting older is no joke. Ollie loved it though and we love him.




 Hayes and Kane came to play and Aunt Wheece spoiled Oliver with the "blue gum" his mom didn't get him for his birthday.

 We gotta get some of those higher up locks...and probably those kid proof door handles that I loathe.
 I feel like I've already put this pic up??? Either way, it's gorgeous grass so I'm going with it.







 Here's the pic of the completed project. It took me a few weeks or months to finally seal it but it's done.



 We went to Jakes farewell early one Sunday morning. Iowa will be lucky to have him.
 This handsome boy...have I told you what he told me the other morning before school???
"Mom, I love you over the mountains, across the sea and to three places that have never been discovered."
 Well, if that isn't the most romantic thing I've ever heard, I don't know what is. I don't where the kid comes up with this stuff.

  Eddie loves Ollie's kitchen as predicted.









 BROTHERS!!!
 




I love these birthday boys. They are getting older and I have a love/hate relationship with that fact. I think if Oliver would stop getting older altogether and Eddie would get a little older to be able to join in on the fun more fully that would be my wish. Now that July is over, it's time for school to start. That fact gave me many a sleepless night and I hoped the day would never come, but it did. Here comes August & the start of school. BAAAAHHHHH!!!

No comments: