August 30, 2018

The Inevitable Happens

I was so stressed out about kindergarten. I lost sleep. I cried. I stewed. I never let Oliver know my true feelings and thankfully he was so excited. If he hadn't been, it would have been impossible. I worried about so many things. Slowly those things worked themselves out or people intervened and solved the problems for me. A huge thing that happened the Sunday before school started was when my friend at church offered to bring Oliver home EVERY day. "Not a big deal. Let me do it." - were her words. Not a big deal to her, but a HUGE deal and relief for me. After that, I changed my tune and knew there were people that had my back and were willing to help - which of course there are, I just needed reminded. So Oliver and I set off to find a new pair of shoes. Beth gave me Drake's hand-me-downs (in terms of clothing) which were all in very good shape and a couple new shirts she bought because she always remembers her little Ollie so we were set on clothes and just needed some good shoes. Oliver had some conditions. He wanted the swoosh brand and he needed to be able to run fast in them. We found these and they met the criteria.
 We couldn't pass up these $5 spider-man socks either.
 I love this kid so much and I am so glad he was so excited about school. If I had tried to put him in last year it would have been a totally different story. I'm so glad we waited. He is too - he told me so.


 I miss going to Taco Tuesday with him getting his order of black beans and a cheese crisp and this was the Tuesday before school started the next day. We met Jordan for tacos.

 Oliver met his teacher that night and here we are playing legos one last time before our lives get a totally new routine. Summer was over.
 School starts bright & early and this guy is ready!



 Is it just me or is totally 100% weird we keep our kids with us 24/7 for 6 years and then all of a sudden send them, on their own, every day somewhere other than next to me. It's weird.
 He had a great day, made plenty of friends, had fun, learned, ate his lunch all gone, didn't get lost going to the bathroom and came home in one piece...dropped off at my doorstep by a good friend. Success!
It only took a week for him to get used to the noisy cafeteria at lunch which caused tears for our shy little big guy, but he is over it and loves eating lunch with his friends now. 
As for me, I still don't love it. I miss my buddy and it gets a little boring with just me and Eddie, but I'm sure we will get used to it. Eventually.

No comments: