August 28, 2018

We Get A Yard

June. As soon as we got back from our relaxing trip we got some projects around the house completed. We also all took turns being sick for the rest of the summer. Here is our June in picture form.




 Splash pad before it got really hot for the summer.






 Those cheeks are just the best.






 Edison was sick first. The doctor said he either had hand, nose, & foot disease or that it was almost that and could turn into that, I wasn't quite clear, but I don't think it was as bad as actually having that disease, but it still was no fun. (That was a long run-on sentence, but I'm going to allow it.)
 Poor guy had a rash all over, and was a drooly, snotty mess, but he smiled through it.

 Oliver got pink eye or a cold that went to his eye or pink eye. I'm not sure. After a week I took him in and they gave me drops and it cleared up quickly, but not before Edison got it too. 
 The after effects of being sick...
 My dad spoiled me one day and brought me sustenance to make it through another day.
 We seriously stayed home a lot of the summer, especially June. Oliver watched way too much t.v. and I drew pictures for him to color when he wasn't doing that or playing legos.


 I found this Ethan Allen chair for $20 at Goodwill. My parents fixed the skirt that had been chewed up by a dog, but you would never know now and it's comfy, as Cadbury demonstrates.
 Sucking on the tongue depressor after one of our doctor visits.


 He obviously thinks he was doing something he thought he wasn't supposed to do. Haha!


I finally painted my bathroom floor. I originally was going to use this stencil, but it didn't work at all and was too delicate, so I made my own and my mom hand painted it all.


I have touched it up and sealed it since, but I haven't gotten that pic downloaded yet, this is a serious and cheap improvement on the pinkish tile that was in here. Also, hand-painted tile...very fancy.



 I love those smooshed up toes. 






 
 I am so sad this pic is blurry, it would have been perfect!
 









 Check out the yogurt puff goatee Eddie is sportin'.
Finally, we got sod delivered one very hot June Friday afternoon. I watered it, until help could arrive later that night.
 Have I told you about Manny & Isaac??? They are amazing men who have volunteered/assisted/donated/served/worked their butts off in our backyard alongside Jordan & sometimes Ollie. 
Here Oliver is rolling out the sod placed by the others. He loved doing it and stayed until every last piece was rolled out.
 This is Manny. He is a machine with a pick-ax. He loved to play fetch with Cadbury and makes rivers for Olivers sticks to flow down. He also shows Ollie how to properly play with his play back-hoe, complete with sound effects.
 This is Isaac. He served in scouts with Jordan and has been so generous with his time and expertise and resources. We had been very slow on getting plants and a tree and one day he called Jordan and said he was bring stuff over that was just going to get thrown away if we didn't use it. We're not picky so they used everything he brought and now there are plants and a mesquite tree in the backyard planted by these hardworking men.

After spending late Friday night with us, they showed up at 6 a.m. Saturday morning to roll over it and make sure it was good and flat.


We never would have grass in our backyard without their help and we will forever be grateful for the love they have shown our family.
There was one decent weathered week-end in June and Jordan spent it in the attack adding insulation. Here he is all suited up...
 if you're gonna pose like a dumbo - I'm gonna post it sir...
 Jordan almost died in the hot attic and doesn't care to think about what he went through for an hour up there that day, but thanks for helping out JJ! The house feels a lot better, too bad the bills haven't gone down. EEK!!
That sums up June. On to July, where our boys gain one year to their lives.

No comments: