February 5, 2015

Abducted By Aliens

Apparently, all you have to do to get your kid to be a complete angel 100% of the time is take them to Disneyland. Since a couple days after we got home Ollie has been a DREAM.COME.TRUE.
I'm not exaggerating. He has been perfect. It had been a HUGE struggle to do anything with the little guy for many, many months now. He threw complete tantrums {exorcism style} anytime it was time for bed or a nap. If it was time to get in the car, if it was time to change a diaper, if it was time to put p.j.'s on, if we looked at him wrong...   Difficult doesn't even come close to describing the challenge he had been. Going on a week now, he has completely changed gears. I mean a complete 180 degrees people. For example, if I tell him it's nap time, he picks up Goofy and his blue blankie, walks to his room, climbs in his crib himself, grabs his baba {sippy cup of milk}, and pulls the blanket over himself. Then get this...he ACTUALLY goes to sleep!!! What the heck! Where did Ollie the Tyrant go? Then, just today, I picked him up and he gave me a hug and said, "I love you, mama." Simple, but when your kid only ever sometimes said "Love you too" after hearing you say it first it's like Christmas morning. Be still my beating heart!
He has also been eating actual real food. Until lately he drank 4-5, 10 ounce spinach smoothies a day along with random stuff I could get him to eat here or there. Lately, he has maybe 1 smoothie and eats almost everything I give to him. Progress people. Serious progress! So THANK YOU alien friends who traded Olivers with me. Feel free to make this arrangement permanent!
Ollie loves his yeggo's {Legos}. He has been building and building and destroying and re-building for hours each day.


I think the following pic looks like a mini Max {Ollie's cousin}.
 
I took them outside for him and he played for hours.

 "Bappa's sweepin' wiff my yeggos."
This morning he built a choo-choo train out of his blocks.
'This looks like a nice spot to rest my head!' Silly boy.
Yesterday, we went to grandpa's BIG plot of land and watched a bulldozer knock over all sorts of exciting things like bushes, dirt, rocks, sticks. Ollie threw about a thousand rocks into the great wide "lake" and afterward we went to Ted's Hotdogs for lunch. Ollie is a fan.


 I am so happy my sweet little boy has chilled out. I love him so much and am grateful he's ours.
I almost forgot to mention. I went back to work. I got a phone call before we left for Disneyland from the Endodontic office I worked at pre moving away. They had two assistants break their arms {not at work} within two weeks of each other. They asked if I would be willing to help them out once a week. I obliged and it has been fun wearing a different hat once a week and knowing I am still good at other things besides mommy things. I have enjoyed talking to adults and getting out of the house. It is a short term thing, but I am grateful it came along and grateful to my babysitters {parents} who take such good care of the little man while I go to work!
 


1 comment:

Sharon Mae said...

You take such adorable photos of that adorable grandson of mine! Sounds like he brought the magic of Disney home with him. I'm so glad you all were able to go!